Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu hands over a cheque of Rs. 200 crore as compensation to the representatives of the families displaced by the Veligonda project

   Raja Pentapati - AP Bureau Chief 

Amaravati August 19th  Bharat Digital news
          .            National News

Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu today handed over a compensation cheque of Rs. 200 crore to the representatives of the displaced families of the Veligonda project in the Assembly premises.

With this, the government has so far paid a total of Rs. 518 crore in compensation to the victims of the Veligonda project. After giving Rs. 300 crore on June 27, the government on Wednesday released another Rs. 200 crore in compensation to the flood-affected families.

He said that the government will recognize the sacrifices made by the farmers and displaced families for the construction of major irrigation projects. He assured that the remaining compensation will also be released soon.

The Chief Minister said that the government has stood by the displaced families of Veligonda and provided them with support. The displaced families expressed happiness over the government’s support and payment of compensation. They thanked the government for standing by them in their difficult times. The event was attended by representatives and leaders of the joint Prakasam district.

It is noteworthy that the government has already paid compensation of about Rs. 318 crore to 2,557 families who have built their own houses under the One-Time Settlement (OTS). On Wednesday, Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu handed over a cheque of Rs. 200 crore to another 1,600 displaced families under the OTS.

The government is also providing basic facilities in seven rehabilitation colonies for the displaced families. Except for Vemulakota, the basic facilities work has already been completed in six colonies. As a result, the displaced families are gradually moving into the houses built for them in the Rehabilitation (R&R) colonies.
              Swacha Andhra Pradesh